With waste volumes of all kinds increasing in the Asia Pacific region, Singapore believes that it is timely for a serious dialogue to begin on how the region's cities will overcome the challenges of waste management. While much of the current focus is on water and energy issues, waste is an important part of the equation. We cannot solve one part of this equation without solving the other parts. The water-waste-energy nexus will therefore be a key challenge for Asia's growing urban regions.
The inaugural CleanEnviro Summit Singapore is the global platform for leaders, senior government officials and policy makers, regulators and industry captains to identify, develop and share practical solutions to address environmental challenges for tomorrow's cities.
CleanEnviro Summit Singapore 2012 will facilitate the sharing of insights on the latest environmental market trends through its plenary sessions and business forums. It comprises the following three pillar events:
- Clean Environment Leaders Summit
- In Conversation with Ms Helen Clark, Administrator of UN Development Programme
- Joint Opening Plenary on "Sustainable Development - Our Cities, Water and the Environment"
- Clean Environment Leaders Plenary Sessions, organised in partnership with the United Nations Environment Programme, UNEP.
- Clean Environment Regulators Roundtable
- WasteMET Asia, the exhibition and conference segment that will showcase the latest innovations in waste management, environmental technology and recycling solutions for Asia.